We all have those moments when you have an unexpected break in the day and are looking for new things to do! Here are a few self-care activities that you can choose from. You can even use this as a catalyst to creating your own personal self-care list that you can pull out and use!
50 Fun Self Care Activities
- Dance in the rain!
- Try pottery or clay work
- Color as with a brand new set of markers and adult coloring book
- Play music: in the car, while cooking, anytime!
- Get outside and move!
- Ask someone over the age of 75 to tell you about their life.
- Skype a friend who lives far away
- Binge watch your favorite TV series
- Go to a movie by yourself and get a treat!
- Nap. Need I say more?
- Find a cozy nook and read a book for fun
- Go to your nearby café and spend your time relaxing. You can choose to watch a movie, read, make new friends, or simply drink coffee.
- Write your heart out. Get all that pent-up frustration and anger out on a piece of paper and destroy it.
- Draw, paint, sketch, write, bake, cook, or do any other creative and artistic activity you are fond of.
- Join a class to learn more about a hobby or develop new skills.
- Try a new workout class with a friend
- Pamper yourself: get a massage, pedicure, manicure, or facial
- Try out a new recipe and make it just for you.
- Give yourself a brain workout. Solve puzzles, crosswords, or a Sudoku
- Learn how to solve a Rubik’s cube.
- Watch YouTube videos. Learn something new or be entertained by cat videos!
- Play with a pet. Be it yours, your friend’s, your neighbor’s… True therapy.
- Volunteer: Visit a school for disabled children, give some of your time to elderly in nursing homes, offer to help a neighbor
- Listen to informative and motivational podcasts.
- Play in the pool. Go swim in the lake. Visit a water park.
- Go for a long walk in your neighborhood and be intentional about noticing new details.
- Ride a bike.
- Take a media break. Put your phone, computer, even TV away and just enjoy the freedom from them.
- Give. Give out love, time, effort, compliments and even small gifts.
- Go on a date. It doesn’t matter if its just with yourself. Spend an evening relaxing and unwinding from all the stress.
- Visit the beach and watch the waves at the sunset.
- Try out a new look. Get a haircut maybe? Or add a new outfit that is vastly different from your usual style.
- Have a professional photo shoot done.
- Plan a vacation with loved ones! Girlfriends, significant other, family members, a highschool friend…it doesn’t matter, just get away and relax for a few days to refresh.
- Order stuff online! Online shopping is highly underrated. The bliss of ordering something so comfortably will definitely leave you feeling much better.
- Go shopping in stores. It’s not for nothing that people call shopping a form of therapy.
- Eat street food.
- Sweat it out in the gym. There is nothing like a good session of workout in the gym to clear your mind.
- Sing your heart out. Go for a karaoke night or sing in the shower!
- There is nothing like starting a chain of ‘Random Acts of Kindness’ or RAOK. Ask the people who you have helped to pay it forward instead of returning favors.
- Take a couple of selfies and updateyour social media.
- Try new image filters on Snapchat and Instagram.
- Make a bucket list.
- Start a journal.
- Set one health goal and stick to it for 2 weeks.
- Clean your room, organize your shelf, and straighten up your closet.
- Go through old books, photos, cards and take a trip down memory lane
- Make your own self-care activities list!
- Take a Bubble bath.
- Just be♥